Data, damn data…
- Finding the grave of Charles H. Fort. Actually, graves. How Fortean…
- Forget the ‘greys’, and start worrying about the Michelin Men from outer space.
- The ashes of Star Trek’s Scotty, and astronaut Gordon Cooper, are lost in New Mexico after rocket return. Hmm, dead interstellar traveller, spacecraft landing in New Mexico….why does that ring a bell?
- And perhaps one day we could send Spock’s ashes to his home planet. We should probably wait till he dies though.
- Pope to canonize first Brazilian saint, despite claims of fraud.
- Does Glasgow necropolis hold the key to Freemasonry’s secret history?
- The Great Zahi stomps on alternative pyramid construction theory.
- More on the discovery of King Herod’s tomb – this time, a photo-essay.
- During Jamestown’s “starving time”, settlers ate horses, then rats, then snakes, then boots…and then, the other red meat.
- Archaeologist says Israeli Antiquities Authority is destroying the Leviticus Scroll.
- Can life travel from planet to planet riding on meteorites?
- Does wearing a helmet actually increase the chance of being hit by a car?
- NASA’s next Mars probe, the Phoenix lander, touches down at the Kennedy Space Center.
- Why the low gravity over Canada?
- Our Solar System is bullet shaped.
- Marsupial junk DNA points to medical breakthroughs for humans.
- Do drug companies push anti-psychotics on to children?
- Drinking farm milk reduces childhood asthma and allergies, but raw consumption remains unsafe.
- US temperatures to jump 10 degrees Fahrenheit over the next seven decades?
- Scientists ponder jet stream to fill global energy needs.
- What to do when you misplace nuclear material? Place an ad in the local Pakistani rag, of course…
Quote of the Day:
I am a pioneer of a new kind of writing that instead of heroes and villains will have floods and bugs and stars and earthquakes for its characters and motifs.