If I took a zero-G flight, I’m sure I’d be the one to put the ‘vomit’ in the ‘comet’…
- Stephen Hawking takes non-gravity flight on the ‘vomit comet’. Also: Hawking says ‘space is our future‘.
- New planet find gets British bookies worried about their odds of finding extraterrestrial life.
- Sun’s next cycle of fury delayed.
- The Hubble Space Telescope turns 17, and gives you a present.
- And for more space eye candy: STEREO gives more 3D looks at the Sun.
- (Non)-pwnage news? New intelligence honcho to shut down Pentagon data-gathering program (TALON), citing the intelligence community’s long history of ‘well-intended’ abuse of civil liberties. Props for the encouraging words from Clapper, although I can’t imagine the program disappearing altogether if it was effective in any way.
- Search for alien life gets serious.
- Commercial airline pilot spots two UFOs.
- Local Catholic officials say Orange County ‘crying Mary statue’ is a natural phenomenon.
- Are the bees being wiped out by a fungus?
- Dogs show human-like learning ability. They throw paper planes from the back of the class?
- Searching for the secrets of the Knights Templar.
- New layer of ancient Greek writings detected in medieval book.
- Iran dam project threatens tomb of Cyrus the Great.
- British “Noah’s Ark” project passes billion plant mark.
- Volcanic eruptions linked to ancient global warming.
- ‘Real’ 3D gaming and television on the threshold?
- Scientists unveil Internet-controlled robots that anyone can build.
- Scottish scientists to build robot village.
- Were pets deliberately poisoned?
- Japanese asteroid probe begins return journey to Earth.
- Fusion energy breakthrough at Sandia Labs.
- Stanford scientists make major breakthrough in regenerative medicine. I’d imagine jelly babies are involved.
- Italian researcher says real-life Spidermen are possible. He just can’t help out with the Kirsten Dunst part…
- If you’re on the lookout for some quick cash, why not start searching for some exotic whale poo. Sure, it doesn’t glitter like gold, but…
Quote of the Day:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job..