In rod we trust…
- Buzz Aldrin plans spaceflight raffle so that even the plebs can get a chance at space travel…life mirrors art?. Just as long as Aldrin doesn’t spill the beans on the super-intelligent monkeys.
- Toltec find suggests child sacrifice.
- Mexico likely to ban mass nude photo from Teotihuacan. I think it was the bit about tearing the still-beating hearts out that they balked at. Hey, when in Rome (or Teotihuacan, as the case may be)…
- Cannabis compound THC slows lung cancer in mice.
- Mathematician suggests that extra-dimensions are time-like. I believe one of them may be related to the time slips I experience while assembling Daily Grail news.
- Quantum theory fails reality tests. Depends which reality you’re talking about.
- Forget cyberspace, welcome to the metaverse.
- Mysterious huge stone eggs discovered in China.
- The Reds had their own Blue Book.
- Do ghosts inhabit Alcatraz?
- The latest issue of Biblical Archaeology Review has a 60th anniversary feature on the Dead Sea Scrolls (teasers, not full articles).
- Japanese temple-building business closes its doors after 1400 years.
- Monk tells of dope smoking, inter-monk sex, and faking tears on a statue of the Virgin Mary.
- Hurricane strength to be sapped, not strengthened, by global warming?
- Frog and lizard extinctions caused by global warming, not fungus. Topsy turvy GW news day.
- Major scientific breakthrough on plant physiology was faked. Funnily enough, in other news…
- New Tolkien movie planned, to be based on The Silmarillion.
- Tom Hanks to get record pay cheque for playing Robert Langdon in the film adaptation of Dan Brown’s Angels and Demons.
Quote of the Day:
I, for one, welcome our new insect overlords. I’d like to remind them that as a trusted TV personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.
Kent Brockman (‘The Simpsons’)