It’s the right time in the lunar calendar for a giant bunny rabbit to bring chocolate eggs. To quote Bill Hicks, “that’s the story of Jesus”…
- Alleged bones of Joan of Arc are actually part Egyptian mummy, and part cat.
- Pumice found at Sinai prompts rethink of the impact of the ‘Atlantis’ volcano (that’s Santorini to those interested in cutting through the hype). NG has video.
- Archaeology.org investigates the new ‘internal pyramid ramps’ hypothesis in their article “How to Build a Pyramid“.
- The discovery of America: the radical claims of a dead historian. I’m not understanding the bit about destroying all her research materials…why?
- Swansea woman donates Birdman tablet to Cahokia Mounds site.
- Did Hitler have a base in the Antarctic?
- The sequel to National Treasure begins filming at the George Washington National Masonic Memorial. I think Dan Brown just winced.
- Solar storm knocks out GPS.
- Space debris which just missed Chilean airliner, apparently wasn’t. Hmmm, loud roaring noise and fireballs. Perhaps it was a misindentification of Venus, or swamp gas? Maybe an owl?
- Low frequency hums responsible for ghost hauntings?
- Engineers create ‘optical cloaking device‘ for invisibility.
- Vatican says Parthenon fragments are staying with them.
- Wiccans send letter to Pope asking for their holiday back. Hopefully they sent it via owl-mail.
- UK teachers drop the Holocaust from history lessons, so as not to offend students whose beliefs include Holocaust denial (I checked the date, it’s from the 2nd of April). Perhaps they’ll show Allo, allo as documentaries as well?
- We used to get together and party. Then, around 1600, we learned to stop having fun.
- Scientists find that ecstasy really does unleash the love hormone. It sounds best if you read that in an Austin Powers voice.
- A 3.2 billion-year-old surprise – Earth had a strong magnetic field back in the day.
- Global Warming hits Mars, courtesy of dust storms. And: forget future models, global warming is already happening.
- French train sets new rail speed record. What does a train doing 575 km/hr look like? Something like this. Moral of the story: don’t jump the lights.
- Engineers unveil China’s Moon rover.
- Europe to join 500-day mock mission to Mars.
- FBI investigates virtual casinos in Second Life.
- Pwnage news: CCTV cameras to scold people dropping litter or committing anti-social acts.
Quote of the Day:
It’ll be a great day when education gets all the money it wants and the Air Force has to hold a bake sale to buy bombers.