Information overload is defined for me when I lose the ability to create intelligent metaphors. I need to unplug…
- Jesus not an alien, or a hippy, says Venezuelan Bishop. Well there goes my latest book idea…
- UN requests Israeli archaeologists immediately halt excavations at the Temple Mount.
- Did a giant impact create the two faces of Mars? And when they say ‘face’, the don’t mean *that* face.
- JPL radar study shows Mars’ south pole contains enough water to flood the entire planet to a depth of 11 metres.
- Does never-before-seen Phoenix Lights footage show an identifiable craft?
- Where has the bright-eyed space optimism of the 1960s gone?
- Afghan treasures head for home.
- Bodies found near Uffington White Horse probably victims of a Neolithic massacre.
- Explorers find no trace of ancient underwater human habitation off the coast of Texas. I think they mean that it wasn’t underwater at the time, not that they lived underwater back then. I could be mistaken…
- Treasure hunters find clues to pirate gold in Florida.
- While the focus has been on the Iraqi National Museum, looting at archaeological sites around the wartorn country continues apace.
- 300 versus the real history – how does the movie stack up?
- Farmer wants to sell his mammoth skeleton. I say put the tusks on the front of your car, like an old longhorn…that would be impressive.
- Artificial lymph node transplanted into mice. One day these augmented uber-mice will rise up and take over the world….
- A case of mistaken identity for the supposedly (and now perhaps probably again) Ivory-Billed Woodpecker?
Quote of the Day:
If there is only one Creator who made the tiger and the lamb, the cheetah and the gazelle, what is He playing at? Is he a sadist who enjoys spectator blood sports? … Is He manoeuvring to maximise David Attenborough’s television ratings?