Posting Rick’s news for him, after I made him stay up far too late…shame on me.
- The discovery of an enormous chamber beneath the Indonesian cave where the Hobbit was discovered could settle the debate once and for all.
- Here’s an article with a great photo slideshow about the Olmec-influenced ancient city discovered in Mexico.
- Here’s a pic of a sandstone lintel painted with gilded solar child deities excavated at the Temple of Mut in Luxor.
- Recent archaeological discoveries suggest Stonehenge had its own community who held grand feasts.
- Analysis of pollen found in fragments of China’s terracotta warriors suggests they were constructed in different locations.
- Residents of a remote Chinese village are hoping DNA tests will prove their Roman ancestry. They’re pretty close to Urumchi, and other caucasian mummies found in the Taklamakan desert.
- China has launched a navigation satellite to kick off a busy year that will include their first Moon probe. If it doesn’t work they’ll just shoot it down.
- Google has agreed to blur some satellite images of India viewable via Google Earth, the Indian Government citing security concerns.
- Are China and India keeping knowledge of an underground UFO base in the Himalayas secret?
- Watch this website for an upcoming interview with Siberian shaman Biven Mamonta, sharing his thoughts on Tantra, shamanism, and the use of hallucinogenic drugs for consciousness exploration.
- A qigong practitioner says you can’t fake the Full Lotus when you’re levitating 9 feet in the air.
- Scientists think they’ve figured out a key mechanism that allows tiny amounts of substances like LSD to trigger powerful hallucinogenic experiences.
- Physicists have devised a way to see extra dimensions. It’d be one helluva shock to see someone (or something) staring back at you.
- The Orange Orb ponders how to separate reasonable skepticism from the unreasonable sort. Dunk them under water, and if they don’t drown then they’re a witch!
- UFO Mystic Greg Bishop says that skepticism is not a dirty word.
- Part 2 of a UFO Media Matters feature discusses whether NASA is altering Mars photos.
- Does Dan Aykroyd possess exclusive photographs and video footage of the O’Hare UFO? Has he confirmed there’ll be a Ghostbusters 3? You should see Steven Spielberg’s out-of-this-world collection.
- With memories of the Mad Cow epidemic still fresh, the UK is in the grip of a Bird Flu outbreak. If you’re in the UK, you might want to watch the film 28 Days Later — or just stop eating chicken.
- Happy birthday Hiram Maxim, the inventor of the machine gun, born Feb 5th 1840. If you could travel back in time …
- … you would help fantasy novelist David Eddings, who burnt down his office; but not on purpose.
Quote of the Day:
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn’t go away.
Philip K. Dick