Zacar, od zamran!
- Alan Boyle takes a look at the current ‘UFO flap‘ on his Cosmic Log. What flap I hear you ask? Let me map it out for you.
- Twenty things you didn’t know about aliens. You’ll be much more informed at your next anal probe…well, enough to make polite conversation anyhow.
- The scariest ideas in science.
- Google’s Moon shot. Will they one day talk about Google’s book scanning project, like we do about the Library of Alexandria?
- ‘Misdirected and unreasonable’ acts of kindness can have significant consequences. You have been warned, do-gooders!
- I hope it’s not this sort of consequence: the terrifying toothpick fish. Cross your legs before reading that one. Might be a good story to put up on a placard around your pool before a party though.
- US climate scientists pressured on climate change.
- Place your bets on whether 1 million will die from bioterror, or bioerror.
- How does your brain tell time?
- A wheelchair that reads your mind would be a handy thing. With video.
- How hallucinogens play their mind-bending games. Or their reality-bending games, depending on your ontological leaning.
- Also: mushrooms and mystical experience.
- New cosmological model skips any Big Bang and gives us an endless Universe.
- Research cracks the mystery of how bumblebees fly.
- The Dawkins Delusion.
- Nine sacred Maori heads return from Scotland to their homeland.
- Art sleuth looks for lost Da Vinci masterpiece. No, his name is not Langdon.
- Wooden counterpart to Stonehenge found.
Quote of the Day:
We won’t have any GM, no. Which is a shame – I think we’ve missed a trick there. We could develop wheat with the properties of velcro, to catch whatever it is that’s forming those crop circles! But then the spaceship would have to have the corresponding velcro…so it’s a bit of a long shot really.