All I want for Xmas is to get over this flu…
- Nobel Prize-winning scientist defends the paranormal.
- Martians could kill life on Earth, says Mars Express scientist. A million to one they said! (but still, they come).
- Question of the day: how do you steer a spy shark? Video here.
- Colour of dog fur linked to personality.
- So what colour was the dog that tunnelled through snow to save its owners?
- Scientists debate severity of the next sunspot cycle.
- Microsoft unveils free robotics software package. Perhaps that’s what powers Mr Gates…
- Christian video game stokes controversy with its “convert or kill” message. Hey, if it’s good enough for the 13th century Catholic Church…
- 4,000-year-old Seahenge will rise again in 2008. Felt like I was channelling a bit of Edgar Cayce when I said that…
- Archaeologists solve riddle of mysterious faces on South Pacific artifacts.
- Aboriginal language had Ice Age origins.
- Experts rush to record coastal history in face of advancing North Sea.
- Egyptian conservationists fight to protect dwindling Mummy population (The Onion).
- Boy who could feel no pain leads scientists to pain-killing discoveries. Interestingly, the boy died aged 14 jumping from a house. I guess that tells you why we experience pain…
- Regeneration ironically hinges on cell death.
- Laughter really is contagious. So make sure you don’t have unprotected jokes.
- Skepticism is on the rise in Australia. Would it be paradoxical for me to be skeptical of that claim?
Quote of the Day:
I am comfortably numb.