So much news about, I had to edit it down to a readable size….
- Small animals levitated using sound waves. I believe the same thing happens to humans at TOOL concerts.
- DefenseTech.org does a hardcore smear job on Bob Lazar, linking him with the recent Russian assassination case (the substance in question is available legally from a number of outlets). The question is….why?
- Lake Erie: UFO hotspot?
- Ditto for Brown Mountain, where astronomy and physics professor Dr. Dan B. Caton is setting up a web-cam to study the mysterious lights.
- They’re even seeing strange lights in Ballarat, Australia. Because if you’re an interstellar traveller, Ballarat is the place to visit…
- UFO and ‘Earth Light’ researcher Chris Rutkowski honoured by the University of Manitoba.
- Bryan Appleyard says that the ‘decline of science’ is due to the fact that “wonder had been systematically bled out of science“.
- New Horizons spaceprobe gets first look at Pluto.
- Europe joins hunt for missing Mars probe. Finders-keepers?
- China Moon probe ready for 2007.
- Churchill ‘borrowed’ some of his famous lines from H.G. Wells novels.
- Global warming already causing mass extinctions, say scientists.
- Weakening of the Gulf Stream linked to Europe’s “Little Ice Age“.
- James Lovelock predicts planetary wipeout. Nothing like a little good news.
- The future of war. More scribbling of names on my list…
- The mystery of what made Stradivarius violins unique has been solved.
- Nanowire strikes highest piano note ever.
- Scientists harness mysteries of the brain.
- Déjà Vu theory bites the dust. Again?
- Google VP says an iPod will hold all of the world’s TV within 12 years. I think about 98% of it could be discarded personally.
- Acoustic sensors make surfaces interactive.
- Maya architecture was a feast for the ears as well as the eyes.
- Curse of King Tut continues?
- Out of this world solution to the riddle of a Scottish standing stone.
- Sudan Dammed: Global apathy threatens a rich heritage.
- Biblical past unearthed in Holy Land construction.
- Teams explore the roots of Angkor civilisation.
- Mike Morwood to release book about his Homo floresiensis discovery, titled The Discovery of the Hobbit (via Cryptomundo).
- Norwegian farmer refuses to tear down barn because of the goblins.
- Marijuana advocate plans to roll the world’s biggest joint. Ledddd Zeppelinnnn (said in my best Cheech Marin voice)!
Quote of the Day:
Kinda grabs ya’ by the boo-boo, don’t it?
Tommy Chong (‘Up in Smoke’)