Better late than never, as they say…
- 15th century sketch of Stonehenge found, which suggests that more of the monument was standing at that time.
- Gary Lachman reviews Richard Rudgely’s Pagan Resurrection (Amazon UK now, or pre-order from Amazon US for January).
- Intellectual property rights debate to take place on traditional plant cures. That scribbling sound is me working on my list of those to go first against the wall when the revolution comes…
- Tombs of Pre-Inca elite found under Peruvian pyramid.
- MSNBC says Darren Oronofsky’s (Pi, Requim for a Dream) new movie The Fountain is a ‘pointless riddle‘. I have tended to like movies in the past that were ‘pointless riddles’ though, so I’ll be checking it out all the same. IMDB voters seem happy enough with the film.
- This summer solstice, you can take part in the Global Orgasm for Peace. Not a good day for motel room cleaners to go to work I’m guessing…
- Scottish doctors say ‘nay‘ to modern medicine. Are they horses?
- WHO predicts death and disease in 2030. What’s on second.
- Whales boast the brain cells that make us human.
- Police in the UK warn of ABCs lurking in the hills.
- Bizarre deep sea creatures imaged off New Zealand coast. What do you expect from a country with hobbits.
- What does a baby elephant look like in the womb? Awwwwwww….
- Professor devises new form of solar cell that may make it economically competitive with fossil fuels.
- British police target criminals before they offend. Who’s got a pool of pre-cogs then?
- NASA auditions robots for lunar exploration mission. I’d go for the one that rotates back and forth exclaiming “Danger, Danger!”. But maybe that’s just me.
- Young Australians attracted to ‘spiritual aerobics‘. So that’s what all those teenagers were doing on the Gold Coast this weekend…looked more like a drunken binge to me, but I must have been mistaken.
Quote of the Day:
Old George Orwell got it backward. Big Brother isn’t watching. He’s singing and dancing. He’s pulling rabbits out of a hat. Big Brother’s holding your attention every moment you’re awake. He’s making sure you’re always distracted. He’s making sure you’re fully absorbed… and this being fed, it’s worse than being watched. With the world always filling you, no one has to worry about what’s in your mind.
Chuck Palahniuk (from ‘Lullaby’)