November already? I’m experiencing time contraction effects…
- New quantum experiment will allow objects big enough to see with the naked eye to exist in two places at once. It’s all done with mirrors. More at Sci-Am.
- Lebanon war puts the damper on Israeli pot smokers. Hmm, I need to reread the Bible about all those times people got stoned for their crimes…
- Amaze your friends by knowing the biology of B-movie monsters.
- The Onion surveys the public about the news that science can disprove the existence of vampires.
- Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter to search for lost Mars probes.
- Lost Moon landing tapes discovered.
- NASA to save Hubble. And: mission will cost $900 million.
- Doctors identify potential cause of SIDS.
- OPEC says British climate change report “unfounded“. Or did they mean to say “unfunded”?
- Public remains suspicious of scientists. We trust OPEC spokesmen much more to give us the real deal.
- The technology of the Beast.
- Elephants join cognitive elite by recognising themselves in a mirror. In other news, I fall out of the cognitive elite by not recognising the old, fat balding guy who lives in my mirror.
- Forget the wonderful community ethos of the insect world. It’s actually a police state.
- Computing 2016: What won’t be possible?
- Pioneering television sci-fi writer Nigel Kneale passes away aged 84.
- Paranormal investigators take a reporter on a late night ghost hunt.
- US Intelligence creates their own wiki, cunningly titled Intellipedia. I wonder whether we’re listed under T or D?
- Former agent says Google and the CIA are working together.
- Pi film-maker Darren Oronofsky returns with a sci-fi/spiritual epic, The Fountain.
Quote of the Day:
The Earth is a farm. We are someone else’s property.