A few things to keep you busy over the weekend…
- Author-researcher Filip Coppens presents “The Road Not Taken“, an essay about the Cult of Mithras. Filip also has an interesting story about a recent meeting he had with Uri Geller, Jack Sarfatti and others which is well worth checking out.
- Kunochan has a wonderful blog entry on “Tired Sci-Fi Tropes That Must Be Retired!“. And here’s part two.
- SurvivalAfterDeath.org has a new historical essay available: “Science and the Supernormal” by G.C. Barnard.
- The RUSirius Radio Show interviews Neil Gaiman this week.
- Michael Prescott investigates the psychic mafia.
- The TDPF has this handy timeline of drug prohibition (h/t to Mark Pilkington’s Further blog).
- The latest mp3-podcast from the Psychedelic Salon is “The Future of Visionary Art”, with speakers Alex and Allyson Grey, Martina Hoffmann and Roberto Venosa.
- The Book of Thoth has a bunch of new articles on site: “Friday the 13th by Sol Aris, “Mothman and the C.U.T.E. Factor” by Robert Goerman, and an interview with Greg Bishop.
- Erowid has a review of Peter Lamborn Wilson’s Ploughing the Clouds: The Search for the Irish Soma (Amazon US and UK).
- Filer’s Files #40 has all the latest ufological news from around the globe.
- Transhumanist George Dvorsky tells Mac Tonnies he has ‘misguided focus’ in his blog “Unidentified Flying Idiots“.