A strange assortment to get you through the week…
- Loren Coleman tells you why he thinks the Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot movie is authentic, on the 39th anniversary of the event (last Friday).
- Finding “Pyramids in China” with Google Earth, by Walter Hain.
- Binnall of America audio’s latest interview is with Dennis Spaulding, discussing the loss of his son and how it awakened an interest in searching for afterlife answers (mp3/podcast as well as streaming audio via Flash).
- Michael Persinger checks out the DMT mystical experience hypothesis: “Application of Transcerebral, Weak Complex Magnetic Fields and Mystical Experiences: Are They Generated by Field-Induced DMT Release from the Pineal Organ?“.
- Erowid has a review of Witchcraft Medicine: Healing Arts, Shamanic Practices, and Forbidden Plants (Amazon US and UK), courtesy of Edzard Klapp and Ulrich Holbein.
- The RUSirius radio show this week asks, “Is Acid the Antidote to Everything?” (mp3).
- Anomalist editor Patrick Huyghe gives a summary of a recent French Fortean conference he attended.
- The Psychedelic Salon has a new podcast available, another from Burning Man 2006, with psychedelic chemist Nick Sand discussing “Synergistic Combinations in the Future“.
- SurvivalAfterDeath.org has another historical essay available: “What is it Like After Death?” by Arthur Ellison.
- UFO Casebook #228 is now online.
- Filip Coppens has a new article on his website, “The Alchemical Chapel“.
- Filip even gets a mention in skeptic Randi’s latest newsletter. In a Uri Geller rant of course!