If you can’t find something of interest in this lot, I give up…
- Yahoo to beam ‘time capsule‘ to extraterrestrial civilisations from Pyramid of the Sun at Teotihuacan. Could there be a sentence which sounds more interesting to a TDG reader?
- Ban on idling vehicles after Djoser step pyramid at Saqqara starts cracking.
- Flooded Bering Land Bridge may alter accepted history of human migration.
- UK team proposes alternative site for mythical Ithica. Don’t say that aloud while eating.
- Greece hopeful that new Athens Museum will be home to the Elgin Marbles.
- LSD helps alcoholics put down the bottle. Probably because the bottle looked like a fearsome dragon’s head, licking its eyeballs and reciting Coleridge backwards.
- Giant insects might rule the Earth if there were more oxygen in the air. Or more LSD in your drinking water.
- I guess the the Starship Troopers giant bug scenario is out then, with an oxygen-rich atmosphere apparently a rare thing.
- ”Reality TV’ star investigates the paranormal on new Sci-Fi Channel show. That’s bound to finally give the paranormal the credibility it so deserves…
- Neanderthal’s may have been genetically closer to chimps than to humans.
- Elliptical orbit of the Earth may be to blame for climate change which wiped out mammals in the past. More at National Geographic.
- U.S. forgives multi-million dollar debt in a swap for conservation of Guatemalan forests. Nice one.
- 655,000 dead as a result of the Iraq war? Not so nice one.
- Awesome skills of spitting archerfish revealed. With very cool video.
- Face on Mars given a horn?
- NASA able to resuscitate Hubble cameras.
- Does our Sun have celestial siblings?
- UK to join ‘killer asteroid‘ hunt.
- Unholy row breaks out after night-school course in Satanism.
- The strange story of the 19th century clergyman who created the magickal-robotic machine, “The New Messiah“. Our good pals at Anomalist Books published the book which discusses the story (and many others), The President’s Vampire.
- Can you boast that lightning shoots out of your backside?
Quote of the Day:
Independence is my happiness, and I view things as they are, without regard to place or person; my country is the world, and my religion is to do good.