Today’s news is full of hidden and secret things. I hope you brought your shovel….
- British archaeologist Sean Kingsley, a specialist in ancient trade patterns, says that the treasure of the Jerusalem Temple is not in the Vatican, but is actually secretly buried deep within Hamas territory. God’s Gold: The Quest for the Lost Temple Treasure of Jerusalem will be published on October 5 (Amazon US and UK).
- Hi-tech investigation of the Mona Lisa reveals she had just given birth to her second son. That’s right, we can now do gynaecological examinations on 500-year-old paintings.
- Italian art smuggler tries to bargain out of trouble with mystery masterpiece ‘Object X‘.
- New book says Robin Hood was really a Welsh freedom fighter who never set foot in Nottingham Forest.
- The pagan symbols and Masonic history within the churches of architect Nicholas Hawksmoor.
- Silver anomalies found in Jerusalem pottery hint at wealth during the Second Temple period.
- The science and technology behind the Dead Sea Scrolls tests.
- Expert says priests may have designed the Nazca Lines.
- Discovery of vast ancient cave astounds geologists.
- Take a peek at the NSA’s secret reading list. Head to the Memory Hole for the rundown.
- As String Theory becomes passé, new alternatives begin to be discussed.
- Voyager probes send back surprises from the Solar System’s edge.
- New planets have scientists buzzing. Conjures up images of Apu after a 96 hour shift…
- If we want to start colonising space, the big question to be asked is: where?
- Is the Loch Ness Monster just a big hoax?
- Search continues for the giant woodpeckers, after new evidence appears in Florida.
- Big cats seen near UK shopping centre. Shades of the Surrey Puma?
- Injured dolphin may get prosphetic tail.
- A tiny population are eager to test bionics by choice, rather than need.
- New study provides further evidence of a link between cannabis and psychosis. Also, see the Journal editorial for an overview.
- NASA’s Jim Hansen says one more degree rise in temperature and ‘we’re done for.’
- Take part in Monash University’s survey into “The Nature Incidence and Impact of Paranormal Experiences“.
- Uncrewed Aerial Vehicles swarm together indoors. With video. Maybe that’s where all those dastardly Iraqi UAVs went. Be careful they don’t have the WMD with them.
Quote of the Day:
We found the weapons of mass destruction. We found biological laboratories. You remember when Colin Powell stood up in front of the world, and he said, Iraq has got laboratories, mobile labs to build biological weapons. They’re illegal. They’re against the United Nations resolutions, and we’ve so far discovered two. And we’ll find more weapons as time goes on. But for those who say we haven’t found the banned manufacturing devices or banned weapons, they’re wrong, we found them.
George W. Bush