Aye, Roger the Cabin boy and hoist the mainsails, we be pirates today!
- A new Tolkien book will be published in April 2007 (finished by his son): The Children of Hurin.
- Terrorists like Harry Potter. Expect to be tackled by security if you pull out any J.K. Rowling books at the airport…
- Not sure what to do if Mars attacks? Perhaps read An Introduction to Planetary Defense: A Study of Modern Warfare Applied to Extra-Terrestrial Invasion, “a serious attempt at discussing defense contingencies” for an alien invasion (Amazon US).
- Mothman still has a hold on the man who tracked down the tale.
- Was pharaoh’s daughter the mother of all Scots?
- German Art Student joins the Terracotta Army.
- Will Angkor Wat be destroyed by tourism?
- Has a professor solved the mystery of the Waterville spooklights? Some intelligent discussion of this theory on the UFO Updates list over the past few days.
- Is Tunguska to blame for Global Warming?
- Crop circle mystery hits close to home for Star Dreams documentary maker.
- ‘Angel of the Thames‘ has its own internet ‘cult’.
- Carl Jung: psychologist or sorcerer?
- Ice sheets foiled ancient settlement of Britain seven times.
- Looted gold headdress returned to Peru.
- It’s a jungle out there – Big Cat sightings on the increase in the British countryside (not to mention the crocodiles, wolves and…er…penguins). Glad I live in a safe place like Australia…
- New Champ sighting, as told to Cryptomundo.
- Island creatures can evolve to be great and small. Hookahs and mushrooms optional.
- Extreme diet may halt and even reverse Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Meet the real bionic woman.
- Experimental A.I. to power robot army.
- Penis implant has momentary success. Sometimes, there are just too many one-liners to choose from…
- 9-11 toxic dust whistle-blower raided by SWAT team.
- Toxic spill on the International Space Station.
- Do ‘water wars‘ loom like dark clouds on the horizon?
- Third rare white buffalo born.
- Humpback whale calls are love songs, says researcher.
- Are artificial gills feasible for future scuba diving? As long as there are no humpback whales singing to you…
- Willie Nelson charged with drug possession after marijuana and magic mushrooms were found on his tour bus. Leave Willie alone already, the man is a walking legend.
- Ever had that feeling that you ate just a little too much at dinner? I think this python has that feeling right now…
Quote of the Day:
As long as there’s a few farmers out there, we’ll keep fighting for them.