- Ancient Santorini eruption – suggested by some to be the origin of the Atlantis myth – was much larger than originally thought.
- Grisly remains at Aztec site evidence they captured, ritually sacrificed and partially ate several hundred people traveling with invading Spanish forces in 1520.
- The neuroscience of music: it makes your brain happy. See also: This is Your Brain on Music.
- Stem cells grown without destroying human embryos.
- Cows have regional accents. Le Moo.
- China and Russia to launch joint mission to Mars. It is the Red Planet after all…
- Space Station set for massive expansion. I think that action is trademarked by Bigelow Aerospace.
- NASA confirms new Moon vehicle is Orion.
- After all the media hype last week about extra planets, it looks more likely that Pluto is being dropped.
- 40-year-old Mars mystery solved?
- Rethinking peer review. This news item posted after being approved by a panel of 25 experts.
- One of mathematics’ brightest stars turns down his Fields’ Medal.
- Time reports how the ‘Hobbit Wars‘ have “turned a group of PhD researchers into snarky, squabbling fifth-graders”. The One Ring does that to people…
- 3D TV that actually works. One Wonka Bar, coming right up.
- A little dopamine helps punters spot the best bet. I wonder whether this crosses over to Dean Radin’s parapsychology research at all?
- 2006 Texas Bigfoot Conference has been cancelled.
- UFO lights up sky in northern Norway.
- Materialization of items by sheer mental power.
- Paranormal group given permission to do DNA test on alleged Malaysian vampire.
- Forget the Bosnian pyramid…what about those Italian pyramids?
- Teacher removed from class after burning American flags for a lesson on free speech. It’s all very cultish isn’t it, this sacredness of the flag business?
Quote of the Day:
We are like caterpillars, contemplating pupation. No longer will I chew on the cabbage leaves, no longer will I spend my time moving around on the underside of the foliage. Life must be a preparation for the transition to another dimension…