Happy Birthday to our good buddy Mark James Foster!
- Head of Virgin Galactic says space travel will take off within five years.
- How on Earth (or perhaps the Moon) did NASA lose the Apollo 11 space tapes? Could they play any more perfectly into the hands of the Moon hoax theorists? Perhaps that is their intention…
- The best UFO cases from Canada listed in a new book.
- MoD investigation into Sunderland UFO sightings flushes out party balloon pranksters.
- New crop circle at Fife gets big media coverage. Including the farmer’s complaint over the financial loss caused by the crop circle.
- First GM plant ‘escapes into the wild‘ in the U.S.
- Memoirs of a dissident scientist.
- Scientist stirs controversy by claiming that New Zealand’s Maori people have a genetic predisposition to violence. Yup, forget Somalia, Israel, Lebanon, Iraq…all the violence is in New Zealand.
- Men are from Mars, women are from Venus. Umm, actually it may be more of a timeshare agreement.
- Air Force lab will not fund controversial Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) study.
- Foes of FBI searches of library and ISP records renew their challenge. By anonymous letter I’d imagine.
- U.S. Air Force invents powerful laser weapon.
- Stimulate the vestibular nerve and what do you have? A remote-controlled human. How cool, that’s definitely on my Xmas list…
- Longest animal migration recorded – 40,000 miles in a year.
- National Geographic photo image: Dying elephant elicits compassion.
- New carbon nanotube technique set to revolutionize electronics.
- British engineers to convert street vibrations into electricity.
- Beware the superman technology of those sneaky transhumanists!
- Da Vinci lawsuit returns to court.
- Lost document reveals Columbus as tyrant of the Caribbean.
- Tangaroa craft completes journey from South America to French Polynesia.
Thanks Pam, Hoo and Kat.
Quote of the Day:
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it. To summarize the summary: anyone capable of getting themselves made President should by no means be allowed to do the job. To summarize the summary of the summary: people are a problem.
Douglas Adams (‘The Restaurant at the End of the Universe’)