Kangaroos and geckos and bumblebees, oh my…
- Boy tells of previous life experience as a World War II pilot.
- Opus Dei financier cut up with chainsaw and left under a bridge. A strange reflection of the death of ‘God’s Banker‘?
- Masonic ‘House of the Temple‘ in Washington, D.C. is an architectural marvel. See Jim Alison’s website for some great images of esoteric D.C.
- The Da Vinci Code banned in Iran. Somehow I don’t think that’s going to hurt Dan Brown’s bottom line.
- The Biblical Archaeology Society has an update on excavations in the war zone.
- Also: archaeologist heads home from Israel – “We were right next to the howitzers and had a nice view.”
- Greek paleontologists find rare prehistoric primate skull. Looks more like one of those creatures in Aliens…
- Another stunning discovery by scientists: you don’t learn as well if you are distracted. Duh.
- Researchers create quantum wire which can transmit a current without moving electrons.
- A quick study of the Singularity.
- Bumblebees can can find their way home from 13 kilometres away.
- Geckos inspire new super-sticky adhesive.
- Killer kangaroo had wolf-like fangs. Still, couldn’t be as bad as a drop bear (seriously, there are warning signs everywhere these days).
- To heal a wound, turn up the voltage. “Frankenstein him, stat!”
- Morgellons Disease: a nice, new nightmare to frighten you with.
- Webcam hopes to catch Nessie in action. I wonder what a prehistoric beast swimming murky, freezing waters calls action?
- Artificial Intelligence set to exceed human brain power. I guess they mean ‘set’ as in “perhaps sometime in the future”, rather than “imminently”.
- New article in Nature claims discovery of a code superimposed over the genetic code in DNA.
- Welcome to the Moon, we are open for business.
- Mars next explorers: self-transforming machine elves….er sorry, I mean jumping baseball-sized robots.
- Unreleased track by Jimi Hendrix goes to auction.
- Parapsychology scientist seeks an understanding of ESP. Email preferred over telepathic mind transfer.
- X-Files star confirms pregnancy. That’s Agent Scully, not Mulder…although perhaps it would be more fitting.
Thanks Pam and Doug.
Quote of the Day:
On one level I call them self-transforming machine elves; half machine, half elf. They are also like self-dribbling jeweled basketballs, about half that volume, and they move very quickly and change. And they are, somehow, awaiting. When you burst into this space, there’s a cheer! Pink Floyd has a song, “The Gnomes Have Learned a New Way to Say Hooray”. Then they come forward and tell you, “Do not give way to amazement. Do not abandon yourself.”
Terence McKenna (on the DMT space)