Sometimes it’s like trying to ice-skate in treacle…
- Celebrating the solstice: mid-summer magic, sun and fire.
- Also: thousands turn up for summer fun at Stonehenge.
- Return to the Golden Bough. Bog Bodies were ancient society’s elite.
- 3,000-year-old pyramid tombs discovered in North-East China.
- Disputed collection holds the key to the secrets of Machu Picchu.
- Scientists urge parents to teach their children about evolution. “Come here you little monkey, I’ve got a story to tell you…”
- Whaling Commission unanimously endorses report on whales being harmed by under-sea oil search noises.
- Speed kills: cheetahs suffering more fatal crashes during chases, say experts.
- New research supports the possibility of cryopreservation. Cool.
- Thirst for knowledge may just be an opium addiction. All you junkies out there…
- ‘Rogue’ physicist ties together magnetism and weather patterns.
- Alan Boyle takes a look at the science of Superman.
- Microsoft launches software kit for robot builders. Roy Batty, here we come…
- New asteroid defense strategy? Get another asteroid, then play marbles…
- UFO hacker Gary McKinnon tells Wired exactly what he found. And: did McKinnon discover a space navy?
- God, UFOs and the Great Pyramid.
- San Andreas fault set for the ‘Big One‘. Learn to swim, learn to swim…
- China Moon walk set for 2024.
- Florida accountant is actually not a descendant of Genghis Khan. But boy, it did make good copy.
- Massive mummy fraud discovered after 2000 years.
- Tim the Yowie Man to run for election in Australia in 2008?
Quote of the Day:
I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die
Roy Batty (from ‘Blade Runner’)