Finally, a little Maroon medicine to cure my ills…
- Bilderberg 2006 meeting comes to an end. Anyone owning a black limo service in Canada probably did quite well out of it (“do they have tinted windows?”). More here.
- Jesus Christ Superman: Is the Man of Steel a modern-day Jesus figure? I wonder if Jesus wore his underpants on the outside too?
- Is this the hand of John the Baptist. Poor guy must have got dismembered pretty good.
- British MoD UFO report may give legs to Aurora spy plane controversy.
- And the crop circles begin for 2006.
- Stonehenge’s blue stone mystery solved? Geologists say glaciers moved the stones to Salisbury, not humans.
- Behind the fairy folklore of the British Isles.
- Which is the best in this UFO photoshopping contest?
- More on the British expert debunking the Bosnian pyramid. And archaeology.org has a scathing report.
- 4,500-year-old burial in Mexico may show the earliest dental work in the Americas.
- 15-year-old sets North American record for reciting Pi from memory, managing an astounding 10,980 digits. Even more astounding that’s only the ninth best in the world, with the best ever being 42,195! I’m guessing that guy can remember his own phone number.
- The mystical giant golf ball endowed by US forces. It’s so…golf bally.
- New Google Earth Beta features textured buildings.
- Supercomputer employed to figure out what is required to deflect a killer asteroid. The printout suggested all we need is Bruce Willis and a crappy Aerosmith song…
- Sci-Fi Channel tells you all the various ways our planet can end.
- Google’s no-so-very-secret weapon.
- Will technology shape our future into a heaven or a hell? Perhaps we should consider some limbo-like state of apathetic numbness as another possibility?
- Stephen Hawking warns that we must leave the Earth. Does he know something we don’t?
- Is immortality just a dream?
- Along the right (ley) lines.
- Crikey! Ancestor of all alligators and crocodiles found in Australia.
- FEMA paid out $1.4 billion to fraudsters after Hurricane Katrina.
- Humpty Dumpty banned in India. Apparently he’s a bad egg.
Thanks Kat and Heartsguy.
Quote of the Day:
Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down? We do! We do!
Who leaves Atlantis off the maps? Who keeps the martians under wraps? We do! We do!
Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Guttenberg a star? We do! We do!
Who robs the cave fish of their sight? Who rigs every Oscars night? We do! We do!
‘The Stone-Cutters Song’ – The Simpsons