If you get the chance to have a look at David Attenborough’s Life in the Undergrowth, do it. Fascinating…
- Professor predicts human time travel within 100 years. How do we know he doesn’t have some inside information on this?
- Europe sets next phase in asteroid deflection project. Giant baseball bats swinging off the Moon was not accepted by the committee.
- Asteroids: Treasures of the past and a threat to the future.
- Are humans descended from Martian microbes?
- China unveils ambitious space plans at National Space Symposium.
- Chameleon clothing lets you vanish into the background.
- Two new animal species discovered in the Philippines.
- Scientists warn to brace for another bad hurricane season.
- Lab-grown bladder a milestone. As long as it’s not a gall-stone.
- Japan unveils the new fastest train in the world.
- Jurassic Park is back on the table.
- Fossil fish with limbs is missing link.
- Scientists create ‘green’ explosives to save harming the environment. If there’s a higher power, he/she must really wonder sometimes…
- Unusual Ancient Egyptian pillow analysed.
- Egyptian techniques to be used to save China’s ancient books.
- Ancient pyramid discovered in Mexico under the site of a re-enactment of the crucifixion of Christ.
- Talking of the J-man: study finds that Jesus probably walked on ice, not water. That’s right up there with the study which found an anomalous tidal event parted the Red Sea for Moses. All in the name of science…
- Restoration work begins on the Great Sphinx of Giza. Perhaps they can add an escalator down to the Hall of Records?
- 9,000-year-old drilled teeth are the work of a Stone-Age dentist. Using “drills tipped with shards of flint” – I’ll never complain about my dentist trip again.
- Secrets of swamp girl revealed in Germany. I’m sure it would be every woman’s dying wish to be remembered for eternity as ‘swamp girl’.
- Death-Crown phenomenon still evokes amazement.
- Monk’s uncorrupted corpse to stay on display. Perhaps someone will do him a favour and corrupt him a little.
- New documentary investigates the mystery of Iceland’s elves, and the widespread belief in the little folk.
Quote of the Day:
Forgive him, for he believes that the customs of his tribe are the laws of nature.
George Bernard Shaw