Daniel Pinchbeck, author of the acclaimed narrative on shamanism Breaking Open the Head, returns on May 4th with a new book titled 2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl (Amazon US). I’ll be posting more about this book in the coming week (I’m currently reading a pre-release), but in the meantime I thought I’d mention that Daniel will be touring around selected cities in the U.S. for book signings and lectures. He starts off on the publication date (May 4th) in New York City, with a reception/party at 8pm at CoSM (Alex Grey’s Chapel of the Sacred Mirrors, 540 West 27th Street, 4th Floor). After that:
- Monday, May 22 at 7pm: New York City – Barnes & Noble, 4 Astor Place, New York, NY 10003, 212-420-1322.
- Friday, June 2 at 7pm: Los Angeles – Book Soup, 8818 Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90069, 310-659-3684.
- Saturday, June 3 at 3pm: Los Angeles – Diesel Bookstore, 3890 Cross Creed Road, Malibu CA 90265, 310-456-9961.
- Thursday, June 8 at 7pm: San Francisco – City Lights, 261 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94133, 415-362-8193.
- Sunday, June 11 at 3pm: Oakland – Diesel Bookstore, 5433 College Avenue, Oakland, CA 94618, 510-633-9965.
- Wednesday, June 14 at 6pm: Seattle – Elliott Bay Bookstore, 101 S. Main Street, Seattle, WA 98104, 206-624-6600.
- Thursday, June 15 at 7:30pm: Portland – Powell’s, 2720 NW 29th, Portland, OR 97210, 503-228-4651.
2012 covers the gamut of TDG-related subjects – from Graham Hancock and alternative archaeology, to shamanism, consciousness, and the weirdness of quantum mechanics. I’ll have a review up in the coming week.