Rest your trigger on my finger…
- What’s strange on the west coast of the U.S.? There’s a good chance you’ll find out in Weird California (Amazon US). Did Bill Hicks know more than he was letting on about the lizard people of Los Angeles?
- The Economist predicts the Singularity will occur in 9 years, based on the hyperbolic rate of increase in the number of blades on razors. Not only will we be god-like, but we’ll be cleanshaven.
- Monk’s death linked to The Da Vinci Code? No, his name is not Silas.
- Californian UFO sightings turn out to be big boys’ toys.
- Was Einstein wrong about space travel and relativity?
- The gods of cosmology ask questions that can’t be answered.
- Tiny Greek island prepares for solar eclipse invasion.
- A short review of Will Storr vs the Supernatural (Amazon US and UK).
- Girls just want to talk to the dead. Cyndi Lauper says she’s psychic.
- The Buddha Boy. He’s here, he’s gone, he’s here.
- The Archbishop of Canterbury says Creationism should not be taught in schools.
- Revisiting that Martian meteorite.
- And revisiting those Martian gullies carved by water – perhaps not.
- New Mars Orbiter is ready for action.
- Space tourism lures rising number of U.S. entrepreneurs.
- I’ve come to the conclusion that necessity is not the mother of invention. Killing is.
- Is the Ivory-Billed Woodpecker a living bird, or just a haunting memory? The debate continues.
- Experts say Carolina mystery beast is a rare, abnormal fox (with photo). Next they’ll be saying Nessie’s an elephant….
- Is the grouping of plants in species simply an exercise in convenience, or a viable scientific activity?
- BoingBoing has a cool link to a 1972 documentary about the Arpanet’s early work on the thing we like to call the intarweb.
- San Francisco to turn dog poop into biofuel.
- Oetzi the Iceman’s murder recorded on an ancient stone? Grissom’s eyebrows raise…
- Appeals court overturns Nevada petroglyph theft conviction.
- Should the proposed M3 motorway in Ireland be rerouted, to let their High Kings sleep in peace?
- It’s all civilised in Afghanistan since the Taliban were evicted. Men don’t have to have beards, women don’t have to wear veils. Just don’t convert to Christianity.
Quote of the Day:
Los Angeles, every day, hot and sunny…and they love it. “Isn’t great, every day, hot and sunny?” What are you, a f**king lizard? Only reptiles feel that way about this kind of weather. I’m a mammal, I can afford coats, scarves, cappuccino and rosy cheeked women.