Jameske sent word by carrier pigeon that the intarweb isn’t working too well in Ireland, so I’ve stepped in with a quick summation of today’s news. I’m sure it was much more fun than having a nice, decent, sleep…
- The New York Times bashes parapsychology research and What the Bleep!? Looks like it may have been edited since Dean Radin pointed out the incorrect claims which make it junk skepticism.
- The sex life of William Blake – Gary Lachman’s review of Why Mrs Blake Cried, by Marsha Keith Schuchard (pre-order from Amazon US). Wonderful book cover design too.
- Monk’s well-preserved body has medical experts baffled. I’m not sure I want to know which “soft parts” are intact.
- Afterlife communication from Dr John Mack?
- Ghostbusters are on call in New York.
- Visions of the dying – a scientific investigation.
- When is a plane not a plane? Aviation Week’s mythical Blackstar aircraft.
- Insider documentary reveals the shady truth behind Paul Allen….err, Paul Alien.
- March 14th was World Pi Day (3-14). Did you celebrate? Mmmm, pi.
- Is the Tunguska Event responsible for global warming?
- Common sleep medication linked to dangerous nocturnal activities.
- Angry scientists confront NASA officials at conference.
- Nanotechnology brings brain recovery in sight.
- Black Holes: the ultimate quantum computer?
- Judge tells Google to hand over data (after the Justice Department “drastically reduced” its information request).
- Archaeologists find ancient Israel tunnels.
- Vatican investigates alleged John Paul miracle.
- Mad Cow confirmed in Alabama. Well, you’d have to be wouldn’t you? Jokes people, just jokes.
- Isaac Hayes (“Chef”) quits South Park over Scientology episode.
Quote of the Day:
Oooh, suck on my chocolate, salty balls. Put ’em in your mouth and suck ’em…
Chef (Isaac Hayes)