Don’t worry, I washed my hands before compiling these news briefs…
- Were the first Americans actually European? New theory suggests original migration was over the Atlantic, rather than via the Bering Land Bridge.
- Cahokia Mounds archaeological site to be expanded.
- ‘Holocaust Denier’ David Irving is jailed for three years in Austria.
- The mystery of “God’s Banker” – Freemasonry, the Vatican and the Mafia. Secrets that will go to the grave.
- Sister Lucia to return to Fatima.
- Is there a biological basis for religious belief?
- The former atheist whose life was changed by a Near Death Experience.
- Dr Pim Van Lommel to discuss his NDE research at a London conference.
- Science makes room for Near Death Experiences.
- Great Apes found to be rich in culture. Well, so is my yoghurt, but I don’t see it learning sign language.
- James Randi is recovering from bypass surgery.
- University event explores the mysteries of parapsychology.
- An interview with David Icke.
- Unlocking the secrets of longevity genes.
- In another 1000 years, the global map will have changed significantly, and we may be living in a ‘waterworld’ due to global warming. Puts a little perspective on all these territorial skirmishes humanity wants to fight, doesn’t it…
- NOAA website issues clarifying statement, recognising that some of its scientists do see a link between global warming and the recent hurricane season.
- California faces its own catastrophic levee failure.
- Segway creator Dean Kamen unveils his newest inventions – designed to bring electricity and clean water to the world’s poor.
- New material generates optical effect which makes solid objects transparent. More here.And you thought we had privacy issues at the moment…
- Korean stem cell researcher Woo Suk Hwang may have been the faker, but the rush to believe him doesn’t reflect well on his peers.
- More than 500 scientists have signed a statement expressing their doubts about Darwinian evolution.
- Are aliens already on Earth? An excerpt from Peter Ward’s Life As We Do Not Know It (Amazon US).
- The search for alien life challenges current concepts, says University of Colorado professor.
- Congress criticises NASA budget request. It was the invoice for a jumping castle and merry-go-round that did it I think.
- New Mexico spaceport gets go-ahead from the State.
Quote of the Day:
Feeling better is not actually being better.