Where did January go?
- Do people encounter God during Near Death Experiences?
- Vatican official: Inquisition was a mistake, but legally justified.
- The trouble with Randi…
- An interview with Daniel Dennett about his new book Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon.
- More experimental evidence supporting sonofusion.
- Sexth sense? A man can smell when a woman is fertile. That conjures up all sorts of visuals…
- Chemical reactions in space may have kickstarted life on Earth.
- Meditation found to increase brain size.
- New satellite about to go into orbit is wearable – a spacesuit.
- Scientists say the Moon is dragging continents to the West. No need to panic – if we wait long enough, I guess they’ll end up exactly where they used to be.
- Is a Phoenician inscription found in New Mexico part of history, or just a hoax?
- New discoveries in Jiroft may change the history of civilisation.
- Archaeologists find a stunning bust of Akhenaten’s mother, Queen Tiye.
- Peru’s battle to save its history.
- Ancient papyrus map to go on display.
- Visitor to museum falls down stairs, and destroys set of priceless Chinese vases.
- Do cosmic rays cause cloudy days. I can hear Tony Bennett singing that line.
- The future is all in your head.
- Forget Dan Brown, we’re cracking the neural code.
- New research supports theory that evolution occurs in dramatic jumps and is not a slow, gradual process.
- Australian researchers find that sea level rise ‘is accelerating’.
- The UK government doesn’t hold back, suggesting sea levels may rise by 23 feet. And yet beachfront property prices continue to soar…
- NASA climate expert says the US tried to silence him.
- Russian inventor patents invisibility cloak. Yes Kat, we know Harry has one already…
- Tech heavyweights agree that the future is bright for free wares via the Internet (that’s ‘wares’, not ‘warez’).
- The Top 50 robots, ever.
- South Pole Neutrino detector could provide evidence for String Theory.
- A review of Beyond Coincidence: Amazing Stories of Coincidence and the Mystery and Mathematics Behind Them (Amazon US & UK).
- The Royal Family and the Bush family are blood-sucking alien lizards. Okay, you’re nodding your head in agreement – but David Icke means that literally!
- The burning question though is: Can aliens re-unite Van Halen? Not sure if putting Sammy Hagar and David Lee Roth together means much unless you have that fretboard tapping dude called Eddie along for the party.
Quote of the Day:
Now why do guys like you and me know what a duvet is? Is it essential to our survival, in the hunter-gatherer sense of the word? No.
Tyler Durden (from ‘Fight Club’)