Anybody in the mood for a little Sub Rosa this week?
- Initiation into ayahuasca via the Santo Daime church in Northern Ireland. All part of the new documentary on Santo Daime, “Empire of Juramidam”.
- Ghost show Most Haunted cleared of fraud TV watchdog committee.
- More on alien faces being an archetypal mother image.
- TV shows us that the aliens we fear might be ourselves.
- Parents insist their ‘Indigo children’ can see the future.
- Peru may sue Yale for return of Inca relics.
- More on that Bosnian ‘pyramid’.
- Geomythology: how ancient legends can give early warning of modern disasters.
- The world’s tallest skyscraper may be causing earthquakes.
- Hoodia thought it would be this easy to cure the obesity epidemic?
- A review of The Occult Tradition, by David S. Katz (Amazon UK).
- A skeptical review of Narnia, the movie.
- God miraculously tells Nigerian minister to locate huge church complex in Floyd, Texas – which unbeknownst to the minister is Ku Klux Klan territory.
- War has always been dirty. But just when you thought things couldn’t get any worse, they bring in marketers. Meet the man who sold the war.
- Rare early Mayan portrait found.
- Catholic Church closes the door on limbo.
- Printing Organs on Demand.
- Physicists describe strange new fluid-like state of matter.
- Poor Albert Swank – nobody wants him building his home-science projects. Come on folks, all he wants to make is a 20 ton particle accelerator.
- New research shows that we were probably Hunted Gatherers.
- The cold truth about climate change and snow.
- End of aging? New study examines evolutionary explanations for ‘biological immortality’.
- Mathmetician’s insight helps unravel knotty problem.
- Star Trek’s New Voyages: amateur Kirk worshippers and studio renegades are trying to repair the space-time continuum.
- Could sinking Venice be saved by flooding?
- Scientists have discovered a “Sir Galahad” side of human nature that makes everyone a potential hero.
- Flying kites – under water – could be a way to harvest energy from tides and rivers.
- Mystery mammal discovered in Borneo’s forests. With photo.
- Could economies of computer games become real-world money markets?
Quote of the Day:
I’ve got a plan so cunning you could put a tail on it and call it a weasel!