Jameske’s called in sick, so I’ve gouged out some of my sleeping time and donated it to the TDG home for lost news…
- Expectations can help healing.
- Feeling fat is all in the brain. Although that spare tyre around my stomach doesn’t seem to be attached to my brain.
- While we’re at it, true love is also a chemical in the brain, and it only lasts a year. Isn’t reductionism romantic?
- C.S. Lewis opposed a Narnia film, and criticised Walt Disney for “vulgarity”. To be fair, special effects have moved on a bit.
- UK’s top scientist says science faces dangerous times.
- Climate change will dry Africa.
- Venus Express turns it’s multi-function eye back upon the Earth, as it glides towards Venus.
- Dark energy and Einstein converge. The ultimate physics smackdown.
- SOHO turns 10. Sunny days ahead.
- Astronomers claim potential mini-Solar Systems.
- Japanese asteroid probe is in trouble (again).
- One step closer to eternal youth. A follow-up on the genetic anti-aging research mentioned recently.
- First pictures of living human retina shows our eyes are all wired differently…and yet we see very much the same.
- Ancient Roman anchors found in Dead Sea.
- Big marketing push for latest Firefox browser. Hmm, it’s currently ‘commanding’ a whopping 10% of the market. Please, prove to me that the majority of people aren’t idiots by dumping your Internet Explorer and getting Firefox now…there is no contest.
Quote of the Day:
The Dude abides
The Dude (‘The Big Lebowski’)