Jameske’s locked himself in the local distillery, holding the best Irish whisky to ransom. I’ve stepped in for the day to cover his news…
- New study gives boost to homeopathy.
- JFK conference fails to crack the conspiracy.
- Is there a curse of the Iceman? For full effect, you need to read that last sentence in a low voice, through some heavy reverb.
- Body parts made from paper. Would that make origami a martial art then?
- Solving the Thanksgiving Mystery (no, not the next Dan Brown book title): does turkey make you sleepy.
- Flints Give Cyprus the oldest seafaring link in the Mediterranean.
- 2,500-year-old Greek vase is shattered during smuggling probe.
- Investors bet on Global Warming. Bill’s holding.
- Rumour or reality? The Cryptozoology Top 10.
- Is AIDS a man-made virus. Well firstly, I think that’s the HIV bit…
- Those defensive Darwinists.
- Darwin exhibition fails to find corporate sponsorship, with companies anxious to not involve themselves in the evolution debate. Read: they don’t want to be boycotted by Christian fundamentalist groups.
- Speaking of – are Christian reconstructionists taking over America?
- Nanoscale compass inside bacteria.
- Did matter and antimatter join to make molecules?
- Swiss unearth giant camel bones.
- Astronomers prepare to build mega-telescope, 100 times more powerful than Hubble. With that sort of gear, they’ll be able to see the aliens changing their minds.
- Spirit racks up one Martian year of service.
- Mildly depressed people are more perceptive than others. Or perhaps it’s just that perceptive people end up being mildly depressed.
- Report says ocean sounds harm dolphins and whales.
- Golden retriever gives birth to a green puppy.
- Australian pagans curse the Victorian Premier after he insists that Christian traditions of Christmas be celebrated in schools.
- Top terrorist ‘may be master hypnotist‘. People are advised to be on the lookout for suspicious individuals wearing backpacks, and clucking like a chicken.
- Ozzy Osbourne writes a musical about Rasputin. Hopefully, he won’t be backed by Boney M.
Thanks Pam and Rico.
Quote of the Day:
Precognition is just a clearer idea of a possible future. Imagine a person in a canoe paddling down a river. Around the corner are rapids he doesn’t see. Someone on the cliff above, seeing the whole river, can see what’s likely to happen to that person.
Dr Ian Stevenson