With apologies to all the cows out there…
- Scientists find evidence for large amounts of water-ice on Mars.
- Team of astrophysicists claim to have found evidence that space is six-dimensional.
- Risk from 2029 asteroid now more remote.
- Planet-hunter Geoff Marcy shares in $1million Shaw Prize.
- US considers plutonium rockets for future space missions.
- Former Canadian Minister of Defense to speak on government cover-up on UFOs.
- The Koestler Parapsychology Unit is putting the psi back into science.
- Weird UK animal sightings distributed along ley line (with map)?
- Crop circles authentic. Apparently…
- Forget the Face on Mars. Here’s the face in the clouds.
- Pope to declare five new saints next month.
- Whittington’s tenuous link to the legend of the Holy Grail.
- Researcher unravels the mystery of Easter Island.
- Explorer says ‘lost’ Peruvian city has already been plundered by tomb robbers.
- Discovery Channel documentary claims to solve the mystery of the disappearance of Kublai Khan’ naval fleet.
- Archaeologists believes he has found the birthplace of St Patrick.
- Boys’ booty turns out to be a Viking hoard.
- Neanderthals and modern humans existed together for at least 1,000 years.
- Forget the Atkins diet – try a hypnotist (I don’t mean eat one).
- From the ‘you can’t make up a headline like this’ file: suicide grasshoppers brainwashed by parasitic worms.
- Mad Cow Disease may have come from human remains fed to cattle.
- Not cow-friendly news today: cows show promise as powerplants. I’m seeing the bovine version of the Matrix.
- Human stem cells become unstable in the lab.
- Four-legged fish is not a ‘missing link’ – instead is an evolutionary mistake. Or a faulty design, if you’re that way inclined.
- A Disaster Map Wiki of Katrina is born.
- Katrina: they knew what to expect.
Quote of the Day:
It is often stated that of all the theories proposed in this century, the silliest is quantum theory. In fact, some say that the only thing that quantum theory has going for it is that it is unquestionably correct.