Plenty of reading material for over the weekend…
- Gordon Rutter takes a look at the 2005 Edinburgh Fringe Festival for Fortean Times.
- Laurance Doyle takes a look at the legend of Rongo Rongo, and what it means for SETI.
- The International Survivalist Society dusts off an archived essay (1909) from Cesare Lombroso, titled “Belief in the Spirits of the Dead among Savages and among Ancient Peoples“.
- Mark Pilkington takes a look at the strange claims of anthropologist Jeremy Narby regarding the serpent visions seen under the influence of the shamans’ brew Ayahuasca.
- Rick Doblin is busy catalogueing coverage of the DEA hearing on medical marijuana. You can also read the full transcripts and other related documents at the MAPS document register.
- Phenomena Magazine has an interview with Mars pundit Mac Tonnies.
- Filer’s Files #36 for 2005 has the week’s top UFO stories.