Happy 4th Birthday to my little girl Isis!
- NASA’s New Horizons probe will be launched on its way to Pluto in January next year. And NASA is allowing you to go to Pluto on the probe (well, your name anyhow).
- Methamphetamines can help make you a better archaeologist. Thought I’d make a positive headline out of it…
- More on the upcoming book on alien abductions by Susan Clancy. A friend of ours here at TDG, Will Bueche, is also in the article.
- They’re aliens…but not as we know them.
- Out-of-body experiences may come from within.
- Waking up to the nightmare of sleep paralysis.
- Dowsers are in demand.
- A big fish. You should have seen the one that got away…
- Military researches possibility of teleportation (a new report on an old story).
- Leading medical journal The Lancet makes a damning attack on homeopathy.
- New look at DNA overturns ideas on genetic mutation from UV light.
- Trading rockets for a space elevator.
- Northwood abuzz about crop circles.
- Almost 80% of the British say aliens real.
- Extreme defense peaks the entrepreneurial spirit. There’s so much going on in there that’s just plain…wrong. Interestingly though, one weapon is described as using microwaves to bring on the ‘voice of God’ in the enemies head. UFO reverse engineering, followers of Michael Persinger’s work, or just TDG readers?
- Star Wars laser cannons may be close to reality.
- Molecular motors push water up hill.
- Forget oil, what are the alternatives. Waves are making waves. Although then I’d have to worry about a ‘peak wave crisis’.
- New exhibit at London Zoo – Homo sapiens.
- Piano Man (Andreas Grassl) was psychotic, says his lawyer.
- Asteroid dust influences climate.
- Grand Canyon to get glass bridge.
- Bob Geldof was on to something. New research shows that suicide is most likely to happen on a Monday.
- Peru’s glaciers are in retreat.
- A review of the new novel Raising Atlantis…the one which was using fake news stories to promote the book (Amazon US and UK).
- World’s oldest known homes were made of mammoth bone.
- Group of religious schools to sue the University of California for a bias against Creationism.
- These aren’t your daddy’s creationists.
- So who designed the Designer?
- Why do evangelicals feel persecuted? A Jesus complex? Perhaps Jon Stewart has some thoughts.
Quote of the Day:
The time has come for [Christian Conservatives] to stand up and demand the rest of what they tragically do not have quite all of.
Steven Colbert (‘The Daily Show’, April 27 2005)