Finally upgraded my computer after six years….
- Have archaeologists uncovered King David’s ‘mythical’ palace?
- What effect will the Da Vinci Code film have upon Rosslyn Chapel?
- New analysis of Olmec pottery stirs controversy.
- What happens when extinct isn’t.
- The transhuman future – how weird and how soon? A talk with Joel Garreau about his book Radical Evolution (Amazon US and UK).
- Brain workouts may tone memory.
- Sleep! wo, wo, wo – what is it good for? Say it again.
- ‘Thoughts read’ via brain scans.
- How to remote-control a human being. So that’s what that lump was under Dubya’s shirt…
- Computer teaches itself language.
- Well-known US news anchor Peter Jennings (for non-US people – the guy who hosted the recent high-profile UFO feature) dies of lung cancer.
- If alien civilisations were discovered, would you lose your religion?
- Mars Express prepares to look underground. We’ll find those damn Martians soon…
- The Mars Reconnaisance Orbiter set for launch tomorrow.Meanwhile, Messenger slingshots using the Earth.
- Antarctic losing ice at a record pace.
- Alaskan people tell of climate change.
- Tsunami-surviving tribe threatened by land invasion.
- Tsunami early-warning system on track. Like that segue between news stories? Trained professional ma’am.
- Virtual reality helps calm 9/11 anxiety.
- Could Bigfoot be lurking in Indiana?
- What’s going on in the House of Oil? No, not the White House…we’re talking about rose-scented oil here…
- Dragons in the Tibetan sky.
- Mystery piano man remains unidentified, despite worldwide media attention.
- Man beaten with his own prosthetic leg. “You can ‘ardly say he was ‘armless your honour”.
- Looking for a little excitement? Wait no longer, with Ragnarok scheduled for next Tuesday.
Quote of the Day:
The thundergod rode out, upon his finest filly. “I’m Thor!” he cried. The horse replied: “You forgot your thaddle, thilly”.