This news is part-Jameske, part-me. Let’s just call it an unwanted lovechild…
- Ecstasy (MDMA) relieves symptoms of Parkinson’s Disease. Tim Lawrence was saying this years ago, but the every man and his dog kept bringing up Ricaurte’s flawed study to dismiss him. Notch one up to Tim.
- Oil executive threatens legal action against Ecuador, if indigenous tribes continue blockade of Amazon drilling.
- Giving birth by Caesarean reduces fertility.
- Babies born during a famine are at twice the risk of schizophrenia, new study finds.
- Shuttle crew confident about fix.
- Methane on Mars: the plot thickens.
- A ‘review‘ of Michael Luckman’s Alien Rock: The Rock ‘n’ Roll Extraterrestrial Connection (Amazon US and UK).
- Is the new planet discovery the 10th planet, or will it push Pluto out of the picture and keep us at nine?
- Nanotechnology kills cancer cells.
- Beware the secret heart of the European union.
- They sing the comet electric.
- Bottled water: why do people drink it? Spell Evian backwards…
- Researcher reveals critical flaw in Cisco routers, now faces FBI probe.
- Fortunes made on bombing.
- Eternal planes will keep an eye on everything we do.
- NASA showed UFO.
- Snake eater reaches 4000.
- Why are dogs jumping to their death from this bridge?
Quote of the Day:
We’re playing with half a deck as long as we tolerate that the cardinals of government and science should dicate where human curiousity can legitimately send its attention and where it can not. It’s an essentially preposterous situation. It is essentially a civil rights issue because what we’re talking about here is the repression of a religious sensibility. In fact not a religious sensibility, the religious sensibility. Not built on some con game spun out by eunichs, but based on the symbiotic relationship that was in place for our species for fifty thousand years before the advent of history, writing, priestcraft and propaganda.