How does the 10th planet affect my daily horoscope?
- Terry Pratchett takes a swipe at J.K. Rowling. “His movements could be called cat-like, except that he did not stop to spray urine up against things.”
- Army’s eco-friendly bullets may not be so good for the environment after all. That, and human bodies as well…
- Francis Crick’s last stand: his final paper on the neurological basis of consciousness (with Christof Koch).
- Acunpuncture found to half the rate of tension headaches.
- Bill introduced to ban human reproductive cloning.
- Cannabis may soothe inflamed bowels. Why do I wince just typing those two words?
- Scientists sound the alarm on the Arctic ice cap.
- Doubts and mystery linger over the famous Laetoli footprints.
- Laser scan reveals the advanced knowledge of those who built Scotland’s standing stones.
- Researchers restore ancient Buddhist cave temples in virtual reality.
- Ancient Roman stone tablet puzzle yields clues.
- Zoroaster’s Kaba: the world’ most unique ancient calendrical monument?
- Ethiopia to discuss re-erection of obelisk with UNESCO.
- Ramtha/J.Z. Knight feels right at home in her small-town, and is fighting to keep it quiet.
- Russian lawmakers seek legislation to limit magical activities.
- Haunted tour gives skeptics chance to doubt.
- Chinese to launch quest to find lake monsters.
- Psychic detective says her work is very draining.
- Don’t like the weather? Talk to your government representative about getting it changed.
- The curious story of how Captain Mantell died while flying after a UFO in 1948.
- Bob White puts his piece of metallic space do-do on show.
- More on our solar system’s 10th Planet from National Geographic. Also more at Astrobiology Magazine.
- In light of Shuttle problems, Russians are proud of their Soyuz workhorse.
- Mars Rover spirit makes an assault on Husband Hill. Weren’t these things supposed to stop working a year ago?
- Physicist says time travel is possible. Great Scott!!!
- Meet the man who survived falling out of a plane – by falling back into it.
- Blind teen amazes with his video game skills.
Quote of the Day:
Probably the last sound heard before the Universe folded up like a paper hat would be someone saying, ‘What happens if I do this?