Good thing there’s a Labour government in the UK, with none of those silly ideas about curtailing individual freedoms. Oh…
- Magic Mushrooms ban becomes law. Not only banned, but put in Class A – ignorance is bliss for law-making MPs.
- Proof for the curing ability of Lorenzo’s Oil.
- Far from discovering life on Mars, perhaps NASA has started it. Does that mean in a few hundred million years, Martians will visit our dust-bowl of an Earth and wonder if life ever existed here?
- Mars Express presents an image of the Confounding Formation.
- Deep Impact may never view comet crater.
- Nuclear fusion via sound waves replicated at Purdue University.
- Israeli scientist comes up with realistic time machine?
- A future full of hopes and fears, as technology takes over.
- Robots replace child jockeys in Qatar camel races (with pic).
- Robots also play the tables in Las Vegas. It’s like I Robot, but this time they just want control of the gambling institutions.
- Mouse research shows Alzheimer’s-like memory loss not permanent.
- DNA test may reveal IQ.
- Forget fiddling with wires – the best way to download is through your flesh.
- Our retina seeks novelty and ignores the commonplace. Tweak it with the right stimulation though, and it shines on in all its glory…
- It’s a time of doubt for atheists. I’d take issue and say that ‘faith’ isn’t so much on the rise, as spirituality in general
- Get set for the book-burnings and fire and brimstone yawn-fest as Harry Potter #6 arrives. But wait, it’s not just the fundies but also the eco-groups calling for a boycott.
- 9,000 year old beer recreated from Chinese recipe. Forget the development of writing, irrigation and cities – this is the real test of civilisation.
- Did discrimination enhance the intelligence of the Jewish people?
- Keeping on the evolution theme – tuskless elephants evolving in China due to poaching.
- Seven new World Heritage sites announced by U.N., including the world’s largest and oldest meteorite impact site.
- Biblical scroll fragments found in Israel. Time machine guy mentioned above says “no comment!”.
- Treasure from ancient Pompeii revealed.
- More on Egypt’s call for the return of ancient treasures.
- Testimony coerced from shamans may hold the key to understanding Mayan spiritual life
- Woman suddenly grows penis.
- Meat: why not grow it on trees?
- Loren Coleman asks for your help in compiling a list of the top 100 cryptozoologists.
- Has a wildlife enthusiast photographed the beast of Roslin?
- UFOs: they’re about self-improvement, not rectal probes. Can’t it be both?
- For UFO expert John Schuessler, sci-fi is real life. I think that’s a picture of Yoda by the way, not John Schuessler.
- The Marfa Lights: still drawing crowds.
- Science cannot be stopped. You will be assimilated.
- Leave hacker scum to rot in prison, says British MP.
- Does native lore tell shaky stories about earthquakes of the past?
- And can mice predict future earthquakes? Insert your H2G2 punchline here.
Quote of the Day:
We know that dictators are quick to choose aggression, while free nations strive to resolve differences in peace.
George W. Bush