Round and round the merry-go-round we go…
- How feasible is Star-Trek style teleportation? Teleportation: The Impossible Leap by David Darling is available from Amazon US and UK.
- Beware the Mars hoax. Unrelated to that War of the Worlds thing, by the way.
- Sea levels rise by one inch over the past 10 years.
- ‘Pyramid power’ probes the Universe.
- Comet collision debris is as fine as talcum powder.
- Clearing up the sonic boom clouds misconception.
- The Mayans had a novel way of dealing with the problem of finding a soccer ball to play with – they used severed heads.
- Did humans cause ecosystem collapse in ancient Australia? “I was just throwing a kangaroo on the BBQ and it got out of control, honest!”
- New light thrown on origins of Chinese culture as a lost civilisation emerges.
- The earliest known template for St George slaying the dragon has been found in Syria.
- Scientists ponder who, or what, killed Kennewick Man.
- Oetzi the Iceman has a damn fine pair of shoes apparently. Personally, I wouldn’t be caught dead in them.
- Energy beam weapons delayed.
- VR headset overlays X-ray vision over reality.
- Scientists baffled by 400 degree patch of ground in California which has been starting fires.
- Fish and Wildlife officers debunk Bigfoot ‘footprints’.
- A mystery as deep as the ocean, as an undamaged fishing boat is found on the sea floor.
- Dan Ackroyd upsets his wife with ghost stories. ” I request that you cease all paranormal activity and return to your place of origin or to the nearest parallel dimension.”
- Legendary cursed book goes to the British Library.
- Television schedules jump on the supernatural and paranormal bandwagon as Lost and Medium attract viewers.
- The tales of a telepath. If anybody has powers of psychokinesis, please raise my hand.
- Capricorn: Your horoscope is a load of hogwash.
Quote of the Day:
Humanity, correctly seen in the context of the last five hundred years, is an extruder of technological material. We take in matter that has a low degree of organization; we put it through mental filters, and we extrude jewelry, gospels, space shuttles. This is what we do.