There’s nothing more pleasing to the human mind, than blowing some s**t up…
- 40,000-year-old footprints in Mexico – the oldest evidence for humans in the New World?
- And 60,000-year-old habitation in Australia (transcript of television show)?
- Science lists the greatest unsolved scientific mysteries. Official page here.
- EPA panel raises question over carcinogenic properties of Teflon.
- Church bell ringers suffer panic attacks.
- Pi memory record broken, as man recites Pi to 83,431 digits. You think he can remember a phone number?
- Russian astrologist plans to sue NASA for altering her horoscope, by crashing into Comet Tempel 1. Another boost for the credibility of astrology…
- Forget police radars – satellites will monitor your speed and apply brakes as necessary. Consider yourself owned.
- Did China beat Columbus. How much longer do you think this story can do the rounds of news outlets?
- Forget the crocodile hunter, this guy wrestles Great White Sharks. Crikey!
- Is there a deeper meaning behind War of the Worlds? Such subtle use of 9-11 iconography too, I barely picked it up…
- Or could it be that WOTW is a scientology tract? Tongue roaming around in cheek somewhere…
- Even Randi’s got something to say about WOTW in his latest newsletter.
- 58th anniversary of the Roswell crash.
- Microsoft asks for your alien pictures.
- Michio Kaku talks about Discovery’s Alien Planet
- A review of Sir Roger Penrose’s The Road to Reality (Amazon US).
- Historian calls for an enquiry over fake Himmler documents.
- Did Buddha turn into a European saint?
- Artists and scientists learn to work together.
- Forget the singularity – are we in fact entering a dark age of innovation?
- Banned Parkinson’s drug prompts brain cell growth.
- UN says bird flu is at tipping point.
Quote of the Day:
The image of being visited by a majestic power from the sky and lifted out of this world has been incubating in our collective psyche for close to two thousand years. Given the structural analogies between UFO contact…and near-death contact, I believe we are dealing with a single mass reorientation in the global mind.