Happy birthday to my dad for yesterday!
- Pagan community joins with the National Trust to protect Avebury.
- The Hobbit: a new human species, or related to modern-day pygmies?
- Archaeologists hustle in Sudan as dam flooding draws nearer.
- New evidence of sacrificed Inca children.
- Finding support in the search for E.T.
- Peruvian Air Force conceals UFO information.
- Welsh UFO wave prompted Ministry of Defence probe.
- Former UFO investigator captivates listeners with extraterrestrial tales.
- Mars: Windows on the World.
- Six figure reward offered for Nessie’s tooth. Hmmm, thylacine or Nessie tooth quest – a tough decision. No shortage of money in cryptozoology (if you’re adept at finding mythical creatures).
- On the other hand, if you’re handy at paranormal feats, you could try for Randi’s million-dollar prize. Here’s his latest newsletter.
- Ghost hunters set to investigate haunted store.
- Theatre calls in ghostbusters.
- The new look Betterhumans.com offers a review of Ramez Naam’s More Than Human (Amazon US and UK).
- Bioscientists: gods or monsters?
- An introduction to Artificial Intelligence.
- The physics of fast-moving plants.
- First bacterial printing press goes online. Imagine wrapping your fish and chips in that…
- A New Scientist feature: 11 Steps to a Better Brain.
- Magnetic stimulation boosts brain after a stroke.
- Cancer-killing globules seek tumours.
- Lobbyists square up over whaling.
- Alpine cricket is ready for sex again after just 18 seconds. Feminists call for change in genetic modification priorities.
- Elephants suffer in Ivory Coast war.
Quote of the Day:
As the esoteric traditions say, life is an opportunity to prepare for death, and we should learn to recognise the signposts along the way, so that when death comes, we can make the transition smoothly.