It’s a goat theme today. Hope that turns some of you on…
- Scientists photograph the birth of a black hole?
- Ten years of planet hunting has turned up plenty of variety.
- Dinosaur extinction – caused by an asteroid impact, or earthly volcanoes?
- Well, asteroid impacts on Mars seem to have led to great floods.
- Although here on Earth, maybe Yellowstone could have a thing to say…
- Mars rover is stuck in the sand. Four golf metaphors in the first two sentences, outstanding work…
- Severed goat heads found near school don’t belong to a satanic cult – just a lazy slaughterhouse worker.
- The history of America’s fascination with ghosts.
- Search fails to turn up legendary dwarf elephants.
- Belief in the Cottingley fairies lives on.
- Plenty attend the Time Travel Convention, though no-one fessed up to being from the future.
- Mysterious lights in North Wales baffle experts.
- Triangle sighting (and video) in broad daylight in Arizona?
- Mapping Area 51. He even puts it in book form for us all. Each purchase comes with a free visit from Agents Smith and Smith.
- Teresa Wagner is to John Edward, as a veterinarian is to a doctor. “I see dead sheep…all the time.”
- Amityville child debunks much of movie claims, although he still insists that paranormal events did happen.
- Yet another review of Jon Ronson’s The Men Who Stare at Goats.
- New Pope was investigating the Templars and Illuminati shortly before his election.
- Randi’s weekly newsletter to keep us on the straight and narrow.
- Brain scans reveal racial biases.
- Helium emissions could predict earthquakes and tsunamis? Sounds related to Persinger’s Tectonic Stress Theory.
- Pheremone found to attract both straight women and gay men. Ah well, it’s a 50/50 shot then…I’m game.
- Nuclear plant in the UK closed after radioactive leak. No casualties, apart from a very large green man repeatedly saying “Hulk smash!”
- Computer grades students’ writing.
- California bans internet hunting. No, it’s not a new cyber-catchword – that’s literally, killing animals via mouse click on the Internet. Evolve already…
- Single malt whisky can save you from cancer. I know some people that must be pretty much immune then.
- Development work on an amusement park right beside Harappa has turned up 5,000-year-old archaeological treasures. What a surprise…
- The curse of Tutankhamen – caused by toxins? A National Geographic link by the way, not Pravda or India Daily.
- Network of underground chambers found near Ethiopian obelisk site.
- Kansas Board of Education holds evolution controversy hearing. Dinosaurs and fossils and Jesus, oh my!
Quote of the Day:
The deeper we sound, the further down into the lower world of the past we probe and press, the more do we find that the earliest foundations of humanity, its history and culture, reveal themselves unfathomable.