If you listen carefully, you can hear the turbine-like sound of the Founding Fathers spinning in their graves…
- Mass heavy metal album factory recall – the number of the beast isn’t 666, it’s 616.
- Religious Right seeks to dissolve church-state separation in the U.S. I think Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert summed it all up on “The Daily Show”: Judges v Jesus 05: It’s Prayback Time.
- No chalice in Da Vinci’s “The Last Supper”? Maybe Dan Brown is wrong? Perish the thought that something in The Da Vinci Code could be wrong…
- Mexican ‘saucer fleet‘ just balloons launched from a political gathering?
- Man who designed the Daleks earned just £80 for his design. By the way, I’m not talking about Davros…
- The power of prayer: science or bunkum?
- And what about the power of near death experiences?
- Studying the other DNA: the writings of the late, great Douglas Noel Adams. Nice to see that H2G2 topped the box office last week.
- White House reporting legend Helen Thomas says the guards are sleeping.
- Mars Express set to deploy water-detecting radar, after a one year delay.
- And the search has resumed for the Mars Polar Lander.
- New scientific tests say that acupuncture is more than a placebo.
- Druids join campaign to stop quarrying near prehistoric British site.
- Life on Mars likely. At least that’s this week’s opinion anyhow.
- Speaking of contradictory reports: apparently NASA is now preparing for a possible shuttle mission to save Hubble. I can’t keep up…
- Stephen Hawking asks: which of the many alternative histories of the Universe is the real one?
- Family invites people to see their Virgin Mary and Jesus rock. Think I’ll pass.
- Google Map reveals bizarre bombing targets near Area 51: check out this Seal of Solomon, and an eye in the triangle?
- The mystery of the Mayanup poltergeist.
- Making the rounds of news organisations again: in search of the Mongolian Death Worm.
- Randi’s latest newsletter.
- Also, a book review by Randi of Debunked by Georges Charpak and Henri Broch (Amazon US and UK).
- Big money lines up for zero emission power plants burning coal and gas.
- Pioneering stem cell surgery restores sight.
- The big smash and grab: tomb-raiding in Italy.
Quote of the Day:
It’s no coincidence that in no known language does the phrase “As pretty as an airport” appear.
Douglas Noel Adams