Happy belated birthday to Grandma Grail!
- The EPA weatherman who believes in UFOs. I bet he believes it will fine and sunny tomorrow too though…
- Jim Marrs joins with local to film UFO docudrama, “The Secret of Redgate“.
- UFO expert believes there is a connection between nuclear weapons and UFO visits.
- Student skeptic takes on the Betty and Barney Hill abduction.
- We shouldn’t only be listening for ET, we should be looking as well. I think a few people have spotted some strange craft around the place, or doesn’t that count?
- Psychological stress of travelling to Mars may pose more danger than the physical risks. I think I’ve seen that movie.
- Delay of Jupiter mission means nuclear propulsion may be employed in Moon or Mars missions.
- Forget those movies where astronauts travel through black holes….apparently they would actually be roasted.
- New NASA administrator steps into the chair. Which immediately becomes a hot seat, on the Hubble problem.
- Possible ancient equator of Mars discovered from crater alignment. You can hear the cogs turning in Richard Hoagland’s brain right now…
- Friday 13th, 2029 could be a very unlucky day for some, with scientists uncertain of an asteroid near-miss.
- Study finds that U.S Endangered Species Act works.
- Zahi-free zone: whale found in Egyptian desert. Wonder if they’ll find a bowl of petunias nearby?
- Dinosaur-killing asteroid rained glass over the entire globe.
- 100 years ago, a young 26-year-old government worker rewrote the book of physics.
- Pages of computer generated gibberish accepted as an academic paper at upcoming scientific conference.
- Being happy keeps you healthy.
- Pioneering treatment allows paralysed dogs to regain some movement.
- Sleepsmart clock tracks your sleep cycle and wakes you when you’re ready. In my case, about 2018.
- Earthquake experts skeptical of Italy’s Space Station experiment to predict quakes.
- Michio Kaku sheds light on his own thinking in a New Scientist essay.
- Minority Report-style interface created for the US Military.
- Bigfoot locations feature in coffee table book.
- Intrepid reporter accompanies ghost-busting mission.
- Randi continues to stand guard against the tide of irrationality in his latest newsletter.
- ‘Mystery stone‘ unearthed at Fort Knox. Unfortunately, the wrong colour…
- Jack the Ripper…or Jack the Lad?
- Stone Age ruins unearthed beneath the remains of Pompei.
- Nevada scientists work to preserve China’s Terracotta Army.
- Tourist influx spells danger for Machu Picchu.
- Submarine wreck could reveal Japan’s WWII peace offer.
- Seattle police investigate incident where patient in for heart surgery caught fire. As far as bad days go, that’s a pretty bad one.
- Dr Who regenerates again, into his 10th incarnation. Hope he has some jelly babies handy.
Quote of the Day:
Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.