Bill’s away on black-ops, so I’m standing in for him…
- Titanic director James Cameron to work with NASA on Mars mission. Minor correction to Space.com article: James Cameron was born in 1954, so I’d say he watched the Apollo 11 mission when he was 15, not the shuttle Columbia.
- Did a cloud of interstellar dust cause Earth Ice Age?
- Earth to Mars in a month, just by using a solar sail?
- Veteran astronaut steps in as interim NASA chief.
- SETI goes in to bat for evolution education.
- Carrot compound a cancer killer?
- Being a mother can take years off your life – literally.
- Spitting cobras take dead aim at the eyes.
- Bad weather may be bringing on the final years of the world’s second-biggest tree, at the tender young age of 2500 to 3200 years old.
- Falling tree ants can glide back to the safety of their own tree, before they touch the ground.
- Rupert Sheldrake’s controversial reply to The Edge magazine’s speculative question.
- Discovery Channel glams it up, and reinvents Egyptian history during Egypt Week.
- Researchers investigate a mummified menagerie.
- Chinese tomb raiders crack a 2000-year-old vault…only to find that robbers had beaten them to it.
- Islamic authorities blamed for destruction of Crusader excavations at the Temple Mount?
- The new Willy Wonka who makes edible computer print-outs.
- The latest issue of New Scientist features the race to create life, and Bill will be happy to see more mainstream coverage of skepticism regarding GW.
- Dreams can come true…and sometimes even save lives. I’m glad some of my dreams don’t come true.
- Why would you be a celebrity – hounded through life by the paparazzi, and now even in death.
- Hawaian UFO a satellite or fuel dump from an Atlas 5 rocket. Apparently.
- St Elmo’s Fire cause of light show?
- Science sets out to barcode life.
- Eritrea uses the Ethiopian obelisk controversy to ask for some of its own archaeological treasures back…from Ethiopia.
- Who says rugby fans are meatheads? Welsh supporter cuts off his testicles to celebrate win over England.
Mind and intelligence are woven into the fabric of the universe