I do believe that if you listen to ‘Like Suicide’ by Soundgarden at extreme volume, you can hear the angelic choirs asking God to help them out by laying down the guitar solo…
- Psychic helps B.C. police find hiker’s body.
- Water-repelling glass mimics lotus leaves.
- Scientists switch stem cells into neurons.
- Cracking the code, GCHQ style. Only one week left.
- WWF study concludes climate disaster within two decades. That’s World Wildlife Fund, not World Wrestling Foundation.
- Ancient beasts raise questions about the true impact of climate change.
- Gene variation allows scientists to observe human evolution in action.
- Hormone shots could prevent premature births.
- Scientists can now hear quantum vibrations.
- Cosmic oddity throws doubt on theories of the beginning of the Universe.
- Astro Turf: the story of the formation of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL). Available from Amazon US and UK.
- How many massive planetoids lurk beyond Pluto?
- Aliens of the Deep: director James Cameron takes on the extreme life of Earth and space.
- July 4th celebration of a different kind – behind the Deep Impact mission.
- Titan’s methane not produced by life, say scientists.
- Neil deGrasse Tyson talks about the human problem of being self-centered, and what it means for our view of reality.
- What secrets are hidden in the Seattle Museum of Mysteries?
- Precise ruler from ancient times found in the Burnt City of Iran.
- Battle rages over Irish Celtic site. Get yer woad out and let’s get ready to rumble.
- National Trust angry over government’s Stonehenge delays.
- Randi’s weekly sermon.
- Here’s the details from this week’s issue of New Scientist, with the feature story ‘Why you have at least 21 senses’.
- Spherical robot rolls into security tasks.
- Inventor creates self-balancing, powered unicycle, which he calls the Eunicycle. Is that because you feel like a eunuch after riding it?
- Military man lets public know that Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) will be flying in their vicinity, and could cause some “calls about UFOs flying around”. Hmmm, UAVS and WMD…sounds like this country needs to be taken out before it can cause a problem.
- Six men jailed for exhuming ‘vampire’ and eating his heart. Maybe they should have stuck to stake.
Quote of the Day:
We’ve heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare. Now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true.