Happy January 17th for yesterday, you PoSers out there…
- Opus Dei in the UK. Didn’t the Sex Pistols do that song?
- Coincidences: it’s just science baby.
- Olivia Newton-John talks life after death. “Let’s get spiritual, spiritual, I wanna get spiritual, let me hear the psychic talk.”
- Mediums: cold-hearted opportunists, or a genuine and helpful link to the otherside? New ‘super-psychic’ Alison Dubois gets a mention here, as she does in this companion article featuring Dr Gary Schwartz. And here’s some more.
- Randi even gets in on the act, showing off his unscientific fascism in a letter to the President of the University of Arizona (regarding Schwartz’ research).
- Do Indonesian tribespeople have a sixth sense which saved them from the tsunami?
- Shhhh! Can you smell something? I’m seeing synesthesia. I better go and post off the royalty check to Dan Ackroyd now…
- Scientists invent spray-on solar cells. Sheesh, next they’ll be saying they’ve made underwear you can eat. Is there nothing science can’t do.
- Epilepsy drug slows aging in worms. Does a worm really want its life extended?
- Artificial spider silk may be used for armour. Ah, always with the most important applications.
- Micromachine grows its own muscles and starts walking.
- Astrobiology has a number of Titan stories, here’s just one. Also: Images from Titan.
- Planet-hunter thinks there’s life out there…somewhere.
- Life on Mars significant.
- Mars rover examines intriguing rock.
- Amazon supremo makes plans for space travel.
- How do you sell a peach? Make it into a UFO.
- Da Vinci Code sequel to feature Ku Klux Klan. Oh wait, that’s me. Don’t go there or we’ll get trapped in a cycling-link blackhole that will eventually collapse in upon itself.
- Replica of ancient boat sets out to relive journey.
- British Museum attacks US Army over desecration and destruction of Iraqi archaeological treasures.
- Filer’s Files #2-2005 tells of the latest UFO activity around the world.
- From the cool headline department: llama antibodies could be dandruff miracle cure.
Quote of the Day:
The knack of flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.