When the lamp on your bedside table gets in the way of the pile of books you are reading, it’s time to stop buying books…
- New survey unveils the three biggest stars ever found.
- Scientists confident of first-ever photo of an extra-solar planet.
- Alan Boyle takes a look at the EVP movie White Noise. Also: ghostly chatter – fact or fiction?
- New exhibition takes a look at Jerusalem Syndrome – a psychosis which occurs in tourists to Jerusalem, making them think they are Biblical characters. I sometimes think I’m an ass, does that count?
- Get Richard Hoagland on the phone – what’s that bulging ring about the equator of Iapetus? On second thought, get me David Grinspoon, he might make more sense.
- Part 3 of Astrobiology Magazine’s interview with Britain’s Astronomer Royal, Sir Martin Rees.
- Astronomers witness black hole in action.
- Einstein ballet is art, says director. I guess it’s all relative.
- Icebergs return to New Zealand waters after 57 years.
- Rats can tell the difference between Dutch and Japanese languages.
- A fireball and loud rumble impresses hundreds in Wisconsin. Seems to be plenty of this phenomenon happening around the globe presently…
- Mysterious booms in Virginia – originally blamed on prankster teenagers – now believed to be caused by micro-quakes.
- Skunk Ape movie to debut in April. I hope it doesn’t stink.
- Extra-terrestrial mind control in India. I think India Daily is trying to trump Pravda…
- Aliens could exist on Saturn’s moon. Not Pravda or India Daily, but in fact scientists from the University of Florida.
- Iranian archaeologists say that the Uruk period began at the same time as Mesopotamia and Egypt.
- Swordfish heat their eyes to improve tracking of prey.
- Implant stimulates regeneration of spinal nerves.
- Sperm magnets set to help infertile men. We’re talking laboratory equipment by the way, not buxom blondes in miniskirts…
- Can dogs sniff out cancer?
- Scientists create reversible propellor 500 times smaller than a human hair.
- Vatican to offer two-month course in Satanism and exorcisms. Take a look at The Exorcist for what happens when you fail this course.
- Randi’s weekly skeptical excursion.
- Hippo and tortoise team up as chums. I think there’s a children’s book in this.
- Sunglasses help control epilepsy in dogs. Another book right here.
Quote of the Day:
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.