- Real-life inception: U.S. Army looks to counteract nightmares with digital dreams.
- Forget keyboard and mouse - play Doom using your brain alone. That's nothing, I've been playing this game called 'Real Life' for years now with just my brain.
- Neuroscientists puzzled by normal brain communication in people lacking their corpus callosum.
- Surely by now we've outgrown the idea that we have a soul?
- The myriad ways in which supermarkets manipulate your choices without you even realising.
- Steve Jobs refused cancer treatment initially, opting instead for alternative medicine and Spiritualists.
- Thirteen urban legends and the strange Supernatural episodes they inspired.
- More evidence for pre-Clovis humans settling North America.
- Coming in 2012: Nick Redfern's book The Pyramids and the Pentagon, which investigates government agencies' "clandestine and profound interest in numerous archaeological, historical and religious puzzles."
- 1200 tourists gather at Abu Simbel to watch sun light up the inner sanctum.
- Human population growth in the 20th century "more bacterial than primate". And when you put that in perspective over the last 12,000 years….scary.
- Was William Shakespeare a fraud?
- Jeff Kripal explores the connection between religion, mysticism and superheroes in his book Mutants and Mystics: Science Fiction, Superhero Comics and the Paranormal (Amazon.com).
- Beyond Drake's Equation: new views on the search for ET intelligence.
- Solve et Coagula - an optimistic look at how we can progress the study of paranormal and occult subjects.
- TV presenter Anderson Cooper spooked by his mother's mediumistic messages.
- Visit the Museum of Holy Souls in Purgatory, which collects objects supposedly singed by the hands of souls in hell.
Quote of the Day:
If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.