Posted by Greg at 02:02, 08 Dec 2006
A few things to keep you busy over the weekend...
- Skeptical Investigations has two new essays from Ted Dace: "Is it Real Science?", and "Corporate Skepticism: Turning Doubt Into Dollars".
- Also at the SI website, Guy Lyon Playfair presents part five of his series "Has CSICOP Lost the 30 Years War?", the latest instalment being titled "CSICOP's Stalinist Godfather". Previous instalments can be accessed here.
- The RU Sirius radio show has an mp3 of their interview with cyberpunk novelist John Shirley, about his new book The Other End.
- David Gelernter and Ray Kurzweil debate machine consciousness at KurzweilAI.net.
- Lesley from Binnall of America writes about "The Language of Ufology".
- Filer's Files #49 has the latest news on ufology from around the globe.
- SurvivalAfterDeath.org has an essay from the archives, "The Phenomena of Spiritism", by Thomson Jay Hudson.
- Cryptomundo hosts M.K. Davis' excellent stabilisation footage of the Patterson-Gimlin Bigfoot video. Might take a while to load on slow connections.
- ABC Radio's "The Philosopher's Zone" has an interesting show on neuroethics (mp3 download, or text transcript).
- Over at the Book of Thoth, Sol writes about "Ormus", Stephen Bassett says "UFO RIP", and Gerald O'Donnell gives an explanation of remote viewing.
- Spooky Paradigm reviews The Mothman Prophecies - both the book and the movie.
- The Psychedelic Salon has more Trialogue mp3s from Sheldrake, McKenna and Abraham.
- Paul Kimball has posted some clips of respected ufologist, the late Karl Pflock, discussing ufology and also about exopolitics and the Disclosure Project.
- Nexus Magazine have a sample from their new issue, part 1 of "The Criminal History of the Papacy". You can get a full rundown on the latest issue's contents here.