Spending half a million dollars to take down a humble commercial balloon is the most ‘Murica!’ thing ever.
- Inside the hunt for UFOs at the end of the world.
- Spy balloon, UFO or dragon ball? Japan baffled by iron ball washed up on beach.
- NASA Mars orbiter reveals China’s Zhurong rover has not moved for months.
- A soon-to-launch European mission is the first of two spacecraft—with the other coming from NASA—that will hunt for signs of habitability on Jupiter’s icy moons.
- With the help of new archaeological approaches, our picture of how young children lived in the Palaeolithic is now marvelously vivid.
- Inside the proton, the ‘most complicated thing you could possibly imagine’.
- The lost art of “I don’t know.”
- Review of “Meaningful Coincidences: How and Why Synchronicity and Serendipity Happen.”
- Is Precognition real? Skeptics eviscerated a Cornell psychologist whose published evidence said Yes. A decade later, his data has stood up.
- The mystery of how psychedelic drugs rapidly rebuild neural connections is solved.
- Scientists race to understand the impact of Antarctica’s melting ice.
- Airbnb lets visitors haunt the halls of the Phantom of the Opera’s home. But I wanna stay at the Wonka chocolate factory!
- Lovelock cave: a tale of giants or a giant tale of fiction?
- Saudi Arabia reveals plans for cube-shaped skyscraper the size of 20 Empire State buildings. They should name it The Locutus.
- Forget aliens or robots. The REAL Apocalypse will come when super pigs take over the world.
- Red Pill of the Day: University apologizes for sending email about mass shooting written with Chat-GPT.
Thanks to Greg.
Quote of the Day:
There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.